- Federal and State Preparation $100
- First two states included
- e-File included
NEW For Tax Year 2019:
- Audit & ID Theft Protection Included
- Form 1040-SR for seniors ($65)
Other Optional Pricing
- Additional states $15 each
- Itemizing $25
- Employee business expenses $10 (as of 2018, this is only for reservists, performing artists, and fee-basis government officials)
- Non-cash donations exceeding $250 (valued by me and each form filled) $5
- 1099-B (Capital Gains/Losses) $35 to $150 (to keep the price down, have all of your purchase information too). You can download a Schedule D Import Worksheet which is an Excel worksheet for entering stock transactions that can be imported directly into the Drake tax preparation software.
- Schedule B for multiple INT and DIV forms up to $10
- Income from rental property $20
- Income from farming $40
- Sale of business property $7
- Moving expenses $7 (as of 2018, this is form members of the Armed Forces only)
- Child and Dependent Care Expenses $7
- Qualified adoption expenses $10
- Income from sole-proprietorship $35 to $150 (be sure to fill
out my Self-Employed Questionnaire)
- Depreciation detail $20
- Expenses for a home office $5
- Application for ITIN number $20
- Audit & ID Theft Protection: INCLUDED (see my Products page)
- Bank Products: see my Products page
- Amendments $55 (see April’s Guarantee page)
- Premium Fee $55 (typically charged for late preparations, rush requests, and extensions)
- While I try to make this list comprehensive, please understand that I can’t think of everything so basically, if a certain form takes a lot of extra time on my part, there may be a small fee.
Online Filing (Go now! )
As of 2019 there is a flat fee structure for all returns:
- Preparation price is $25 for all returns.
- The price includes state return preparation (no separate charge per state).
- Extensions are free!
These are basic charges and may change from year to year. There may be other adjustments for more complicated returns, but I also reserve the right not to charge extra when very little time is spent in preparation due to the client preparedness. Having the New Taxpayer Questionnaire (downloadable PDF) filled out for your first visit will definitely speed things along.